• You cannot reply to this topic
34 replies to this topic

rizzo

rizzo

Advanced Member

• ShootersRealm.com Vendor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts
Tonight we say goodbye, my friends, to a once great nation. I was proud to serve her, proud to live within her borders, proud to walk her streets, and proud to be an American. I pledged an oath to uphold her Constitution, like my father and his father before him. I cried when the National Anthem was sung, and was unashamed of my tears. I have worn her Flag on the sleeve of more than one uniform, and I pledged my life to defend that Flag.

Welcome to the New America, Comrades. The unemployment and social services lines are right over there.

But the line for Real Americans starts over here. Keep 'em handy, boys - the riders are coming.

UPDATE: The American Flag stands for an ideal, not for the people of the land that it flies over. I believe in the American ideal, and I love this Country, and I would give everything I own for its success. 51% of the people that inhabit this Country may not agree with that, but I don't need them to. If I only had a 1% chance to save the American ideal, I would fight for it - because a chance is a chance. John reminded me of this tonight, and I thank him for that - he is a true Patriot and I am proud to know him. As it always has, the American Flag flies outside my home, and it stands for the ideals and the ethos that I live my life by. I encourage the rest of you to realize this, and encourage you to fly your Flag with pride. The last few days without the Flag outside my home have been, to say the least, depressing and I am not a better man for it.

Posted Image

Edited by rizzo, 08 November 2012 - 09:27 PM.

dauph

dauph

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,710 posts
  • LocationNorth Valley
Right next to you Glen

rizzo

rizzo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts
For the first time in almost 10 years, since I left the Army, got married and started a family, there is no longer an American Flag that hangs by my door. I just took it down, and will retire it appropriately tomorrow. It will not be replaced, except by an Arizona Flag.

I am ashamed of my countrymen, and I worry for my children. Hard times are ahead, and we will face them alone.

See my updated OP.

Edited by rizzo, 08 November 2012 - 08:27 PM.

TCB Firearms

TCB Firearms

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts
  • LocationSan Tan Valley, AZ

For the first time in almost 10 years, since I left the Army, got married and started a family, there is no longer an American Flag that hangs by my door. I just took it down, and will retire it appropriately tomorrow. It will not be replaced.

I am ashamed of my countrymen, and I worry for my children. Hard times are ahead, and we will face them alone.

to bring us full circle to the shootersrealm class where we touched on this subject.....
replace it with what? As f'd up as this is, what has changed from this morning?
"I" still love my country, "I" will still fight/kill/die in her defense, "I" will still cry over our history, "I" will still stand proud and unapologetic of our nation.
Yesterday i was ashamed of many in this country, i was worried for my children, and hard times have been here and just became another bump in the road...."you" will never be alone as long as i have a breath in my body. You and your family are welcome to anything that is mine and i am only a call (and a few hour drive) away.

General Statement:
Do NOT let tonight end you, it is "just another day". We have all had good times and bad, the true American of yesterday and the future will overcome....it is what we do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7plTsFMyL4Y

Edited by TCB Firearms, 06 November 2012 - 11:00 PM.

rizzo

rizzo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts
The biggest shame is that my kids will not be able to see the America that I grew up in, that my family has bled to defend.

Maybe I'm being a little too pessimistic, but I have never really been an optimist or a pessimist - just a realist. And I can't ignore the reality of this situation: the gloves are off, and the current admin is free to do whatever they want. They will destroy the dollar, see our allies destroyed, and destroy American Pride. But this is the last I will write about it - I've already written too much here and on ARFCOM. But now you know where I stand.

I love my Country, and I will die to defend the Constitution. But I can no longer support the "elected" officials that win from paid votes.

Edit to Add: Though I do love your optimism, Jason. :-) Thanks for keeping me grounded, and I know you've got my back, just like you know I've got yours.

Edited by rizzo, 08 November 2012 - 08:28 PM.

TCB Firearms

TCB Firearms

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts
Roger that...just so you know you could assemble a mass of BAMF's that will follow you to hell brother, most only ask that you make it count for something

rizzo

rizzo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts
When the time comes, I always make it count. ;-)

ragedracer

ragedracer

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
I guess it's time to get serious about getting in shape.

TheSaint

TheSaint

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationPrescott Valley
Yeah, the good news is that the Rs retained control of the House, so it will be another two years like the last two years: Nobody will pass a budget, and they'll spend all of their time passing and vetoing bills to repeal Obamacare. To be honest, sometimes I think that gridlock is the best we can hope for from Washington.

Hard times are coming. Romney may have delayed it, but he couldn't have stopped it. We have to stay prepared, raise our children well, and keep our faith. (And pray that Scalia and Kennedy eat well and exercise.)

And, in the "It Could Always Be Worse" department, in California the Democrats achieved a 2/3 majority in the Legislature and the Senate. That means they can now pass any tax increase they like without opposition. So, California is now poised to become the anchor that drags the whole country into the deep. Stay prepared, folks.

Edited by TheSaint, 07 November 2012 - 09:16 AM.

WKshooter

WKshooter

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationArizona, Oklahoma, Texas
Well I for one am not giving up on America...yea we have another four years, but consider the fact that 4 years ago it was a landslide victory, last night it appears gap had tightened up. In my mind that is a victory, a good percentage of past voters changed their mind about "believing" and voted for change. Of the current Democratic support, some who were interviewed said they didn't like the path but wanted to stay as they still believe and wanted give it more time. In other words their is still a huge percentage out there that is on the fence with potential of swinging a different direction.

Now is not the time to step back...we need to go forward! We have four years to find a strong contender to run in 2016, we need to make sure our leaders in congress don't just sit on their ass, digging their heels in due to bi-partisan views. They need to come forward and be the first to reach across the aisle not only bringing questions but bringing solutions as well. We have four years to begin looking for this contender, someone people see and can acquaint with on personal and Country issues. I PERSONALLY PREDICT A LANDSLIDE VICTORY IN 2016...but its not going to happen unless we roll up our sleeves and start digging deep. We need to get the economy going one way or the other if we hope to have any chance for our children.

Glen, I know its a matter of personal choice. But knowing you from past training, I agree with taking down your flag...but instead of an AZ flag you should consider putting up a newer and larger United States Flag. Rejoice in the fact you voted, fought for our country, support our economy, provide a roof and food for your family. No matter what happens down the road, that is something no one or no political affiliation can take away. Keep the flag out there and when you run it back up, turn to the world and tell it to "F*#k off" your an American and will make a difference...

Anyway that's my rant...now I'll just step to the side and let the "General" have a few words.. :pardon:

azpilgrims

azpilgrims

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationArizona
The worst part is over half of America is stupid, I doubt its going to get better.

Azbearhuntr

Azbearhuntr

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationGilbert
Rizzo, this morning as my children woke up I was sad for them, I really hope they will someday live in the America I've loved. I am afraid the tipping point has been reached as millions have and millions more will come to depend on the gov't for everything. I honestly don't believe we will ever muster a majority again. If we couldn't win this time with all that was going against the current administration then we are doomed.

Flash

Flash

ShootersRealm.com Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 4,295 posts
  • LocationGilbert, Arizona
I'm still thinking about what I'm going to do about this and I'll have it figured out in a few days.

But until I do, here's my comment for the moment:

Flash

Flash

ShootersRealm.com Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 4,295 posts
  • LocationGilbert, Arizona
Edited to add:

I don't make rash emotional decisions, so I have to wait a few days, cool off and have some fun, then decide what to do next.

In the meantime, I'm having fun changing my contingent beneficiaries on my accounts. :ok:

Bombguy

Bombguy

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationNowhere, USA
I am not a very political guy, but I swore an oath to defend the constitution from ALL THREATS both FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC. That's all I'm saying.

TCB Firearms

TCB Firearms

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts
I see what you did the John :secret:

rizzo

rizzo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

I see what you did the John :secret:

That's why I love the guy - he can sum up what I said in 2 large posts in just 1 sentence.

RJ of AZ

RJ of AZ

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
Me thinks we who Know what America is really all about, have been silently saying good bye for a long time.

my father passed away in 85 and then he mentioned of the changes, not just the progress, but the change of society to the "i deserve and the give me" attitude.

I didn't get it then, way too busy working and supporting a large family, not sure I got it till about 10 years ago, when business was sketchy and the wets were literally pouring over the border with out recourse.

I"m fortunate, as I'm coming in the next decade or two( i hope, lol)to the end of a good run, better than some, less than others, but I'm happy with it.
My fear is my children and their children will not enjoy the freedoms I had, as I figure I grew up in the greatest period of American living.
I can't give up, still make the wave when I feel it makes a difference, while a small one, my hope is it will join with others and become a sunami.
happy days might be in the future if we just try a little harder.
Rj

hill60

hill60

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationValley of the Guns
As Mark said earlier, we're fortunate that the R's retained control of the House - we can only hope for more gridlock to slow the creeping progression towards the final demise of our great country. My concern is for the Supreme Court appointees, and whatever Executive Orders the president feels compelled to issue. I doubt seriously that anything will become of the investigations into Fast and Furious, or this Administration's woeful incompetence in Benghazi.

Clearly Mitt Romney was right - there are far too many people, that are content to suckle at the teat of the US taxpayer. We've crossed that threshold, and I don't see it changing until the financial collapse of this country.

These last four years were the longest of my life - I held out hoping that it would all change on the 6th. My wife has owned a legitimate travel agency for the last 13 years, and has watched her client base slowly dry up. She has been in tears knowing that another four years of this president, and his horrible handling of the economy, is the final death blow to her business.

Would it be wrong for me to place an upside down American flag sticker on my car? Isn't that the sign of distress? Because that's sure how I feel right now.

Edited by hill60, 08 November 2012 - 09:53 AM.

RJ of AZ

RJ of AZ

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
I put a new one on the flagpole yesterday and it is inverted, I will however have to argue with the old arsehole down the street, as hes a flag cop so to peak haha

Yes, we are in trouble and not one politician seems to be concerned.

I've been a business owner for 30 years, three years ago had to let go 17 employees that have been with me for 20 of those years, hardest thing i've done in a long time, its down to about four of us now, no matter how I attempt to recover, its another red tape issue, or another license or fee, to either local government, the fed, or state.

wearing me down a little at a time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

ShootersRealm.com honors and supports the members of our United States Armed Forces. Thank you for everything you do, have done, or will do!