CAL Ranch Firearms Sales - Heads Up - General Firearms - ShootersRealm.com: Shooting and Firearm Forums

CAL Ranch Firearms Sales - Heads Up

- - - - -

• You cannot reply to this topic
14 replies to this topic

rizzo

rizzo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts
We've got a CAL Ranch Store here in Prescott now, and a couple of weeks ago I went in with my family and ended up buying my daughter a little camo pink Cricket .22LR. Very fun little rifle. First off the gun counter staff is not too bright, but at least they will admit it. What slightly annoyed me was that it took them almost 45 minutes to get the sale taken care of, and I have a CCW of course which normally means the whole process is over in about 10 minutes. They're just learning, though, so I give 'em a break there.

Tonight I was going through some receipts and there's the one from CAL Ranch Store - and here's the reason for this post: on the receipt is my CCW permit number. Haven't seen that before, and I can't say I'm super happy about it. So don't casually toss your receipts in the trash if you buy a firearm from CAL Ranch.

azpilgrims

azpilgrims

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationArizona
Thanks for the heads up, when they were offering 10% off firearms a week or so ago I was tempted to buy another M&P 15-22 - would have brought the price down to about $ 400.00 + Tax.

MOUNTAIN WILLIAM

MOUNTAIN WILLIAM

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Locationup in the woods now
Actually that's disturbing. That means info that is only suppose to be on a 4473 form and no one else is suppose to have access to, is available to anyone that hacks into their system. I won't be buying anything from CAL Ranch if this is their policy.
I haven't bought ammo from J&G since they had their store down in Tempe and the clerk wanted my ID for the purchase. To top it off the asshole followed me outside to get my tag number after I told him what he could do with their ammo, that I'd buy it somewhere else.

TCB Firearms

TCB Firearms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1388 posts
  • LocationSan Tan Valley, AZ
Try giving them a lesson or a heads up. I consider myself knowledgeable about the gun industry and regs, but when i first got my FFL I was floored and very nervous about what i should ask for and retain. Being libertarian in nature i hate asking for any of it, but wanting to stay out of BATFE/DOJ crosshairs also made me very cautious. Maybe they just need a learnin :acute:

rizzo

rizzo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts
Roger that. Talked to my normal FFL dealer today and they said they're pretty sure that's a no-no. I will talk to the manager at CAL Ranch next time I am in there.

TCB Firearms

TCB Firearms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1388 posts
All 4473 info is HIGHLY confidential. For background check and LEO use ONLY! I would not release ANY of the info to anyone other than LEO in an active investigation, I take the responsibility VERY serious at my shop. With 1 form you could easily steal an identity, and/or form several false ID's. Just my $.02, but i would shite myself if i let one of my customers info out even by accident. I even pressed my IO from batfe that i felt they were unjustly fishing for information on people during a "routine" compliance inspection. They kept asking "has anyone bought a (insert "evil" gun here)", or "have any of you customers bought a (insert random qty or type here)" and i deflected and avoided real answers.

Kevinjs1

Kevinjs1

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1123 posts
  • LocationPeoria
I work with government contracts for housing and I don't want one piece/copy of id in my office that I do not 100% need. Way to much liability.

CALRANCHSTORE

CALRANCHSTORE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
We wanted to let you folks know that we've done some digging on your concerns with CCW# showing up on your receipts at our Prescott location. We assure you that this is not company policy. As you know our Prescott store is new and the error was a result in lack of training. We have addressed the issue and would like you to know that it won't be happening again.

We appreciate your business and support and hope that you'll continue to visit our stores. Please feel free to notify us with future concerns that you may have so that we can address them quickly. We are constantly working toward improving our customer service.
  • TCB Firearms likes this

rizzo

rizzo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts
Awesome! Thanks for letting us know. I am actually headed into the store in a few minutes, and was going to mention this to a manager as I wanted to pick up another handgun today.

Edited by rizzo, 20 December 2011 - 02:41 PM.

TCB Firearms

TCB Firearms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1388 posts
Thanks for coming on the board to clarify :D I figured that was the case and as they say "shit happens" and these are the things leaning points for all of us are made from.

rizzo

rizzo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts
Went up there tonight and bought a handgun and my CCW permit # is no longer on the receipt. Also, there were a couple of sharp tacks working the gun counter, and I'm not being sarcastic.

Kevinjs1

Kevinjs1

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1123 posts
  • LocationPeoria

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know. I am actually headed into the store in a few minutes, and was going to mention this to a manager as I wanted to pick up another handgun today.

Great to see that you took this so seriously and made a change so fast!

CALRANCHSTORE

CALRANCHSTORE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Went up there tonight and bought a handgun and my CCW permit # is no longer on the receipt. Also, there were a couple of sharp tacks working the gun counter, and I'm not being sarcastic.

Glad to hear it rizzo. We'll do all we can to make sure our staff is as knowledgeable as possible.

cool arrow

cool arrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationN. Messico, AKA Tucson
wow....customer SERVICE.....THAT is refreshing!

good job!

azpilgrims

azpilgrims

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationArizona
I spent a grand there today buying some dog runs, great store and great employees - hands down a place for men to shop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

ShootersRealm.com honors and supports the members of our United States Armed Forces. Thank you for everything you do, have done, or will do!