Anyone have a Sig P938? - Handguns - ShootersRealm.com: Shooting and Firearm Forums

Anyone have a Sig P938?

- - - - -

• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

Buckshot Bill

Buckshot Bill

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationMesa,Az
Well, as I'm getting interested in a smaller carry piece, I've become aware of this little "pocket rocket". I carry a small 1911 .45 now, and the ONLY thing I don't like about it is it's like carrying a boat anchor!

I've tried a Kahr cw9- I just couldn't warm up to the Kahr trigger. Yeah, I know, I shoulda tried harder to like It, but I've been spoiled shooting 1911's with their single action trigger. Call it "old school" if you want, but I like them and it's what works for me.

Which brings me to the Sig 938- a small, light, 9mm 1911; it appears that it's exactly what I'm hunting for, well... except for the cost. Looks like they're north of $650.00, so that's something to consider.

Do any of you have one, and if so, what do you think about it? Is there something I've overlooked or not considered?
Help me spend some of my retirement $$! [wisely].

Thanks Bill

Flash

Flash

ShootersRealm.com Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 4302 posts
  • LocationGilbert, Arizona
Hi Bill,

I've got a few Sigs, but not that one. I have shot one, though, as one of my weekly shooting group has one he brings in once a month or so.

It's just about exactly like shooting a P238 only bigger, if that helps. I'm referring to feel/trigger. And, of course, you can rack it with the safety on like you can with all Sig Single Actions and that's a feature I really like.

If I were you, I'd shoot one before I bought one. Find a place that rents them and give it a go. I'll check around and see if I can find one for rent.

Buckshot Bill

Buckshot Bill

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationMesa,Az
Thanks for your reply, Larry. I'd be great to actually shoot one before dropping that much $$$ on one-not that I haven't done that before!
You know, what happens when you get that glassy-eyed look and you stop thinking and breathing-- [it happened a lot when I was in high school, usually about a girl or a car!!]

Flash

Flash

• Moderators
  • 4302 posts
I'll know by Thursday at noon if I can find one for you to rent or possibly shoot for free and I'll post what I've found here.

Buckshot Bill

Buckshot Bill

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationMesa,Az
Thanks again for going to all this trouble for me about this. Hopefully all the stars will align about it.
Bill

Flash

Flash

• Moderators
  • 4302 posts
No trouble Bill, this is what Internet forums are supposed to be for.

Flash

Flash

• Moderators
  • 4302 posts
Sorry I'm late, Bill. My group was busily saving the world and lost track of time.

Ted's has a P938 rental gun and they'll be happy to rent it to you. Go in there anytime they're open and ask to rent it and you'll be in business.

It's one of the dark variants, but I don't know which one. Wait a second, I'll look it up and see if I can get a picture.

Here's a picture, but the one at Ted's didn't have rubber grips IIRC:
Posted Image

http://tedsrange.com/CONTACT.html

Buckshot Bill

Buckshot Bill

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationMesa,Az
Larry, better late than never, and I want to say again that I really appreciate you going the extra mile about all this. The pic you included with the Hogue grip and extended magazine is the one I'm most interested in. Well, that cool SAS version really "Lights up my board"!, but they're REALLY proud of that one, and I, like you, take pride in being "frugal". [The mrs. says I'm just cheap too.]
Being that this is kind of a "specialty" pistol, I'm surprised that one is available to try.
Hopefully before too long I can get down that way and check it out. I definitely owe you one of those "cheap assed" beers!!
Much obliged, Bill

Flash

Flash

• Moderators
  • 4302 posts
If you let me know when you're going, I'll set you up with 1 free hour of lane time.

Buckshot Bill

Buckshot Bill

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationMesa,Az
Larry, I sent you a PM.
Thanks again,
Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

ShootersRealm.com honors and supports the members of our United States Armed Forces. Thank you for everything you do, have done, or will do!