21 replies to this topic

hill60

hill60

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationValley of the Guns
In the midst of processing some once-fired 5.56 brass right now. Most of the LC brass is running between .020 and .025 over the trim-to length - I'm collecting quite a pile of shavings. I'll be glad when I get this batch processed - I think it's the worst part of reloading.

I agree with you on pistol brass - I don't go thru them quite like you and the Mrs., but I've found that it's a waste of time checking OAL on them. For a while, I was sure that OAL was an issue with my pistol brass, as I could feel a difference during the crimp stage - but I'm more inclined to think it has to to with variations in the case thickness at the mouth.

I've been able to include a number of changes to my reloading routine, as a result of your experience, observations, and willingness to share your knowledge. I truly appreciate it.

To the OP - sorry about hijacking the thread.

Flash

Flash

ShootersRealm.com Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 4,295 posts
  • LocationGilbert, Arizona
I'm with you. Trimming is the absolute worst and the only part of reloading I hate. I enjoy all the other aspects immensely and that's amazing considering I've been reloading/casting bullets since I was 9 years old.

And I'm happy to help others where I can as I consider that one of the main purposes of forums like this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

ShootersRealm.com honors and supports the members of our United States Armed Forces. Thank you for everything you do, have done, or will do!