$799.99 after $200 OFF Cannon Safe SC6040 Wide Body 48 Firearm Safe - Firearm Care, Maintenance, and Storage - ShootersRealm.com: Shooting and Firearm Forums

$799.99 after $200 OFF Cannon Safe SC6040 Wide Body 48 Firearm Safe

- - - - -

• You cannot reply to this topic
13 replies to this topic

Kevinjs1

Kevinjs1

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1123 posts
  • LocationPeoria
This safe is too big for the space I have but it is a smoking deal for a safe delivered!

http://www.costco.co...US&Sp=C&topnav=

dieselpowered

dieselpowered

ShootersRealm.com Founder

• Administrators
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
That is a heck of a deal, hey Kevin lets split it and I will find room for it in my house ;)

IDMooseMan

IDMooseMan

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationNampa ID
It's probably cheaper to ship it to Idaho.

dauph

dauph

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationNorth Valley
I know this old but damn! I missed out on this safe. I finally decided to get it after looking around and they were out of them. Still trying to find a safe this good for the money.

Kevinjs1

Kevinjs1

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1123 posts
  • LocationPeoria
Check out costco.com. They had this winchester http://winchestersaf...BlackGloss.aspx for around $600 at Christmas time. Come to think of it, it was in store only. But it was a killer deal. If I hadn't already ordered mine I would have picked that one up.

dauph

dauph

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationNorth Valley
The Costco by me had a nice Winchester about three months ago for about $525 but when I decided on it they were out. Shopped around during black Friday then decided on the cannon, gone. Need to stop procrastinating and buy one but can't find one I will be satisfied with. Prefer a mechanical lock but it seems electronic is more common.

Costco is selling the big horn safe pretty low again but not sure on that one. Electronic lock and smaller than I would like.

Kevinjs1

Kevinjs1

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1123 posts
  • LocationPeoria

The Costco by me had a nice Winchester about three months ago for about $525 but when I decided on it they were out. Shopped around during black Friday then decided on the cannon, gone. Need to stop procrastinating and buy one but can't find one I will be satisfied with. Prefer a mechanical lock but it seems electronic is more common.

Costco is selling the big horn safe pretty low again but not sure on that one. Electronic lock and smaller than I would like.

I bought my AmSec safe for $1100 delivered inside my house from a local locksmith in Phoenix. He told me he doesn't change out more mechanical locks than electric. So I went electric and I love it.

dauph

dauph

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationNorth Valley
Are the Liberty Safes found in Lowes made in America or are shipped in? Looks like Liberty has a $250 rebate going on and there are a few dealers in town, The Safe Store and Guns Plus. Anyone done any business with either of these two?

Kevinjs1

Kevinjs1

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1123 posts
  • LocationPeoria
I think those are made in Asia or Mexico.

I bought the entry safe from AmSec 6032 and it is made in Mexico. I like it for a 30 min safe. Especially with the door organizer as a standard feature. I live close to two fire stations and my neighbor is a fireman and told me that the average response time to a fire is under 10 min or so. The possibility of my house burning for more than 30 min at 1200 degrees is slim. So the 30 min worked for me.

I bought it from http://andersonlockandsafe.com/ on 35th ave in Phoenix. I like their service and like that a locksmith is giving me advise, not a sales guy who just sells the safe and does not service them. I highly recommend this company for locksmith and safe needs.

I put in two rotating touch battery powered lights from Home Depot and it gives me great light inside.

dauph

dauph

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationNorth Valley
I was looking at the Red Head 1856 safe at Bass Pro during black friday, it is built by pro steal. In he store it is 829.99 has the mechanical lock and a cool door rack to hold other rifles. Going to look around tomorrow and see. Just need a truck to get it home.

Edited by dauph, 15 January 2012 - 06:39 PM.

dauph

dauph

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationNorth Valley
Stopped by Cabela's and ended up buying a Liberty Safe today. will have to pick up tomorrow. Not bad, $850 after discounts and it is pretty big.

dieselpowered

dieselpowered

ShootersRealm.com Founder

• Administrators
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
Congrats my friend, I really need a larger safe, but then need a decent place to put it! Oh and I almost forgot, I need the money as well! :rofl:

Kevinjs1

Kevinjs1

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1123 posts
  • LocationPeoria

Stopped by Cabela's and ended up buying a Liberty Safe today. will have to pick up tomorrow. Not bad, $850 after discounts and it is pretty big.

Great deal. I like that line of safes.

When I bought mine, I also picked up a canned dehumidifier, http://www.cabelas.c...ch-All Products. I heard one story of rust and it changed my mind about humidifiers. I didn't want to take a chance since my safe is close to my bathroom/shower.

dauph

dauph

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationNorth Valley
Was showing the wife the difference in prices and it looks like I saved damn near $500. That's comparing the same model with another company in town.

Yeah I will be picking up a dehumidifier. My shower is very close by too. Should be picking it up today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

ShootersRealm.com honors and supports the members of our United States Armed Forces. Thank you for everything you do, have done, or will do!