Cabela's XPG Ultralight Tent - Camping and Outdoors - ShootersRealm.com: Shooting and Firearm Forums

Cabela's XPG Ultralight Tent

- - - - - cabelas tent ultralight tent xpg

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

dieselpowered

dieselpowered

ShootersRealm.com Founder

• Administrators
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
I am considering this tent, anyone have any input on it?

http://www.cabelas.c...80;cat104303880

CBR_Rob

CBR_Rob

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • LocationAvondale, AZ
I was bouncing between that one and the Eureka Tetragon 9. Ended up going with the Eureka and can tell you after this weekend how it works!

dieselpowered

dieselpowered

• Administrators
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
Hmm, well the Cabela's tent is about five pounds, unless they have different versions of the one you mentioned, that tent is almost twelve pounds.

Granted the one I am looking at is for two people, and yours is four to five.

TCB Firearms

TCB Firearms

Advanced Member

• ShootersRealm.com Vendor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1388 posts
  • LocationSan Tan Valley, AZ
I use one. I have the 3 person and it fits the Mrs, me and all of our gear. I have slept in one during rain, clear nights and even a freak snow storm. Best tent i have ever owned, and would buy several more or recommend without hesitation. Get the footprint, it is worth the $20-25. Set up is EASY and the 5lbs is really nice when humping gear. carry size is about a normal athletic shoebox. The only thing i don't like is the single door, limited airflow with the fly on...but i guess that is the point.

guardyan_angyl

guardyan_angyl

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationOracle
Not familiar with that one but I will tell you that we have several of the Cabelas Alaskan Guide series and I have been nothing but impressed. After a pretty severe storm in which the wind literally picked up an 10x20 awning and flung it and a large propane cylinder through it, Cabelas replaced it no questions asked. It was a totally freak accident and we figured they would say hell no but their customer service was amazing.

rizzo

rizzo

Advanced Member

• ShootersRealm.com Vendor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts
I use the XPG Bivy and have been for about 3 years or so, which means I've slept in it about 40 nights or more. It's great quality and does everything it says it does, though the design of the Bivy could be better. My experience with the Cabela's line is that they are good-to-go and are very durable. If you are looking at a sleeping pad, check out the XPG pads compared to the Thermarests. I own all Thermarests, but if I had to do it again, I'd get the XPGs due to the lower price.

TheSaint

TheSaint

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationPrescott Valley

I use the XPG Bivy and have been for about 3 years or so, which means I've slept in it about 40 nights or more. It's great quality and does everything it says it does, though the design of the Bivy could be better. My experience with the Cabela's line is that they are good-to-go and are very durable. If you are looking at a sleeping pad, check out the XPG pads compared to the Thermarests. I own all Thermarests, but if I had to do it again, I'd get the XPGs due to the lower price.

I am looking for a good pad, actually, thanks for the tip.

Just noticed, for anyone interested, that the XPG pads are on sale right now.

Edited by TheSaint, 23 March 2012 - 11:10 AM.

dieselpowered

dieselpowered

• Administrators
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
Thanks everyone...just to confirm, I you referring to the Cabela's XPG Ultralight Sleeping pads or the Cabela's Self-Inflating Sleeping Pads?

As far as the tents are concerned, I took a look at the XPG Ultralight, however, I am torn between that and the Alaskan Guide Geodesic Tent. I do like that the Geodesic tent has a vestibule, however, not sure if it is worth the extra coin.

In addition, I also found the Marmot Traillight Tent and The North Face Tadpole 23 Tent.

So now I am back to pondering, any additional insight would be much appreciated, lol.

guardyan_angyl

guardyan_angyl

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationOracle
Alaskan geodesic guide series is an amazing tent. However, it is definitely not five pounds. Like I said before we have two in the family for at least 6 years or so and the freak accident is the only issue ever. We have been through outrageous storms with gusting winds and you can't even tell when you're inside. Definitely not something I want to try and pack very far though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

ShootersRealm.com honors and supports the members of our United States Armed Forces. Thank you for everything you do, have done, or will do!