Self-Inflating Sleeping Pads - Camping and Outdoors - ShootersRealm.com: Shooting and Firearm Forums

Self-Inflating Sleeping Pads

- - - - - sleeping pads

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

dieselpowered

dieselpowered

ShootersRealm.com Founder

• Administrators
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
So I just picked up a Cabela's XPG Ultralight Sleeping pad. Since I have never used a sleeping pad ever, I suppose I am not quite sure what I should expect.

Per the directions for first use, I filled the pad by blowing air into the mattess to accelerate self inflation. With that said, with it being a self inflating pad, I figured I would fill it, then let whatever extra air that it did not need to seep out, then lock the valve.

Ok, so I did the above and I laid on it, not a whole lot of support under there...ok, I will open the valve back up, leave for an hour or two, come home and shut the valve and try again.

Same results...so, am I expecting something I should not, or is this self inflating pad not self inflating all that well?

308 Winchester

308 Winchester

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV
Flip it over. Does it say, "Made in China"?

If so, you're probably staring at all that you're gonna get. :D

rizzo

rizzo

Advanced Member

• ShootersRealm.com Vendor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts
Leave the valve open and the pad on a flat surface for about a day. It will inflate most of the way, letting the foam expand as it has been rolled up for a long time. Blow air in there to get it nice and tight, close the valve, and you're done.

When you take it camping, pull it out of the stuff sack, unroll it, and then let it sit for a few minutes so that the foam starts to expand, then use your own air to blow it up nice and tight. Now it's ready to be slept on.

When storing it, store it flat (vertical or horizontal) with the valve open. If it needs to be cleaned, clean it with sponge and some warm water - don't use cleaners on it. If it gets a hole, they make patch kits.

That's about all of the useful info I can think of related to self-inflating sleeping pads.

Watchdog

Watchdog

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Easy to store self-inflating mats under beds, unless you have a cat. little fuckers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

ShootersRealm.com honors and supports the members of our United States Armed Forces. Thank you for everything you do, have done, or will do!