Millet Scopes - Optics and Sights - ShootersRealm.com: Shooting and Firearm Forums

Millet Scopes

- - - - -

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

RJ of AZ

RJ of AZ

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
Have heard good things, no practical experience yet,

So many options on vendors and manufactureres on scopes, hard to decide.
haha

So anyone own a millet and if so, what say you.
Rj

428CJ

428CJ

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts
Don't own one myself, but a my son does.His is<p>Millett 6-25X56mm LRS-1 Long Range Tactical Riflescope w/ Illuminated Reticle . It seems that for the money not bad.When he got his,he had trouble with it.He sent it back and in two weeks he had it back or a new one not sure.They did take care of him.His is mounted on a 300 win mag and is taking the pounding alright.This one has lots of
  • 140 MOA elevation adjustment

Edited by 428CJ, 19 April 2012 - 09:10 AM.

unforgiven5150

unforgiven5150

ShootersRealm.com Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
I have used ones owned by friends, but mainly the DMS-1 1-4x.

My understanding is that they are manufactured in the same facility as Primary Arms and Primary Arms are a good deal cheaper on some models.

As far as the reticle on the DMS1 vs the Primary Arms 1-4x, I prefer the Primary Arms German #4 (I think) crosshair to Millett's "doughnut. Also $100 cheaper. YMMV.

They are relatively heavy though.

RJ of AZ

RJ of AZ

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
I"m interested in thier functionality versus dollars spent to add to the pile.

I"m gleening everyones knowledge on scopes to find a sensible startup glass piece for a .300 win mag. before I go to the yard and start digggin up my stash for some awesome glass that will be three times the value of the rifle. lol.

thanks to all, knowledge is a good thing if used properly, something I've not been accused of in a long time. ( i'm married ya know)lol

wishbone

wishbone

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • LocationSonoran Desert
My buddy has the 1-4, single dot (I think it's a 4moa dot?). The controls are easy to use and the single dot is nice if you're into those. I compared it directly to my burris 1-4 and I'd have to say the optics on my burris are definitely superior. Especially at 4x. I think for the price they really aren't bad. Worst review I've ever done, but there you go.

428CJ

428CJ

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts
This is what my son did, with his 300 win mag and his 6x25x56 Millet scope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

ShootersRealm.com honors and supports the members of our United States Armed Forces. Thank you for everything you do, have done, or will do!