Night Sight Install on Springfield XD and XDM - Optics and Sights - ShootersRealm.com: Shooting and Firearm Forums

Night Sight Install on Springfield XD and XDM

- - - - -

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

wildcat

wildcat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I need to find out if you guys know anyone LOCAL who can do this. I hate the idea of shipping ANY part of my gun(s) anywhere, or WAITING 2 weeks without the use of them, so I've been kind of dragging my feet getting this done.
If I didn't LOVE my XD's so much, I'd just sell them and get Glocks... at least you can work on those.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

unforgiven5150

unforgiven5150

ShootersRealm.com Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
I had night sights installed at Magnum Precision in Shooters World on 27th and Indian School before. They did a good job, were reasonable and quick.

I also had some done at Big Bore, but I didn't like the guy's attitude so he didn't get anymore of my business.

TCB Firearms

TCB Firearms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1388 posts
  • LocationSan Tan Valley, AZ
Most local smiths can do. where about is "local"?

wildcat

wildcat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Most local smiths can do. where about is "local"?

I consider the Phoenix metropolitan area local. I live North of town, but work all over the Valley. (And sometimes State)

I'll need to also purchase the night sights from whomever I use. I did try Scottsdale Gun club, but they are running about 2 weeks out.

TCB Firearms

TCB Firearms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1388 posts
  • LocationSan Tan Valley, AZ
Shooters world should have them in stock for you, or bit the bullet (no pun intended) at wait for SGC

wildcat

wildcat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

I had night sights installed at Magnum Precision in Shooters World on 27th and Indian School before. They did a good job, were reasonable and quick.

I also had some done at Big Bore, but I didn't like the guy's attitude so he didn't get anymore of my business.

I think I know where you are talking... Aren't they actually south of that Shooter's World? I guess I could look it up

Thanks for the notice on Big Bore. :)

Shooters world should have them in stock for you, or bit the bullet (no pun intended) at wait for SGC

I was kind of hoping I could walk in and walk out with them done. Am I being Unrealistic?

Nah... Not going down the SGC road. There has GOT to be someone in town that can do it while I wait, or at LEAST same day.

Geez, My Glocks have SPOILED me!

:)

unforgiven5150

unforgiven5150

ShootersRealm.com Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
I think it used to have its own building/office but now rthey are inside. When you walk in they are down the back left hallway where the classrooms are.

I have bought all my night sights online and had them installed locally and it was cheaper than buying them locally.

wildcat

wildcat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

I think it used to have its own building/office but now rthey are inside. When you walk in they are down the back left hallway where the classrooms are.

I have bought all my night sights online and had them installed locally and it was cheaper than buying them locally.

Ohh, Ok. I just thought I'd try to support local biz as much as possible. That and... LOL... I hate spending money and waiting/worrying if/when the product will ever ship, or get to me! :) YES, been burned on this too.

Like I said before, it just seems any time I don't do business local, it bites me! (Or at LEAST I feel a "pinch"!) :)

Where there are rules, I seem to be the exception. Anymore, I just accept it and move on.

Thanks for your help! I'll call Shooter's World and Magnum Precision...

Just got off the phone with Shooter's World.

Looks like I will be able to proceed in this direction!

Thanks for all your help!

I will have to wait until Monday to get a hold of Magnum, but as far as the SW employee knows, he installs while you wait.

I now have some other questions for the Gunsmith regarding my XD's that he may be able to help me with!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

ShootersRealm.com honors and supports the members of our United States Armed Forces. Thank you for everything you do, have done, or will do!