3rd black bear attack in Payson, AZ in less than a month - Camping and Outdoors - ShootersRealm.com: Shooting and Firearm Forums

3rd black bear attack in Payson, AZ in less than a month

- - - - -

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

rizzo

rizzo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts
I've said it before: black bears are wild animals and can still be dangerous, infected with rabies, become territorial, etc. And 3 attacks in AZ and no one had a gun?! FAIL.

Props to the EMT who was there and probably saved the 3rd victim's life. Another good reason to have medical training. What if that was your kid, spouse, or friend? Could you save their life?

http://www.abc15.com...-in-payson-area

markm

markm

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
That bear has a date with a .338 Win Mag.

markm

markm

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Looks like Game and Fish smoke checked two bears in the area. Hope they got the right one(s).

CBR_Rob

CBR_Rob

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • LocationAvondale, AZ
Bears were the talk of the R-C scout camp we went on the 1st weekend of the month. Brought my 45 even though you are not supposed to, don't know if it would have done much on a bear though.

rizzo

rizzo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts
CBR_Rob - black bears are tough, but a .45ACP would have been fine bear medicine.

rizzo

rizzo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts
Wrote about this story and general bear safety tips on my hunting blog, if anyone is interested: http://rizzoisready.blogspot.com/

markm

markm

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

CBR_Rob - black bears are tough, but a .45ACP would have been fine bear medicine.

Yeah... the one male they shot was only 160 lbs.

CBR_Rob

CBR_Rob

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • LocationAvondale, AZ
Good to know the 45 will bet the job done. It is the biggest I had that could be hidden.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

ShootersRealm.com honors and supports the members of our United States Armed Forces. Thank you for everything you do, have done, or will do!