ATV Riders - ATV and Side x Side Discussions - ShootersRealm.com: Shooting and Firearm Forums

ATV Riders

- - - - - atv riding quad

• You cannot reply to this topic
17 replies to this topic

dieselpowered

dieselpowered

ShootersRealm.com Founder

• Administrators
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
Do we have any ATV riders here?

azpilgrims

azpilgrims

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationArizona
Have owned quite a few quads in the past, these days we focus on camping in our travel trailer vs. all the toys we had in the past.

dieselpowered

dieselpowered

• Administrators
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
That's cool, we take the toys in the toy hauler and just absolutely love getting out and exploring :)

azpilgrims

azpilgrims

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationArizona

That's cool, we take the toys in the toy hauler and just absolutely love getting out and exploring :)

I hear you, it is a lot of fun. Having a family of five, it was always 5 quads or 5 dirt bikes - then we also had a boat and street bike always at the same time. I gotta tell you doing all the maintenance on all of them was a constant chore and damn was it expensive buying everything along with the gear needed for everyone. These days we are all about keeping life simple now that the two oldest kids are married and have one left at home.

I do miss riding the miles and mile of trails up here in Prescott, down the road when it is just my Wife and I we will probably get a couple quads or a razor or rhino so we can go exploring again.

ELKSLAYER

ELKSLAYER

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationIdaho
2008 TERYX what a blast

Kevinjs1

Kevinjs1

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1123 posts
  • LocationPeoria

Do we have any ATV riders here?

No ATV, 2008 Jeep Rubicon here. I am looking forward to getting out on your Teryx soon!

dieselpowered

dieselpowered

• Administrators
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
LOL I am looking forward to getting out on it too!

I would really like to pick up a utility atv to do some exploring...the Teryx is too wide to get through a lot of the ATV trails not to mention it does not do all that well on fuel economy.

NEVERENOUGH

NEVERENOUGH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationCHINO VALLEY AZ
We ride a lot actually. We have a Teryx for exploring and sport quads when we need to go a little faster lol. We enjoy riding everywhere from the higher elevations like Camp Wood and Williams to the desert. And we still like to head to the dunes a few times a year to play in the big sand box.

dieselpowered

dieselpowered

• Administrators
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
See Casey, I should have left mine stock so I could have it to explore, all I have now is a go fast and suck as much fuel as possible Teryx.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the hell out of what all the sponsors did, just looking back :)

Username Goes Here

Username Goes Here

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationAZ, USA
Yamaha 350 Banshee! Don't get to ride enough, though. Oddly, looking for a four stroke...

UNGH.

dieselpowered

dieselpowered

• Administrators
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
I definitely miss my Banshee when I think about going to the dunes, otherwise, I would really like to pick up a Can-Am Outlander to do some long expeditionary rides.

6.5shooter

6.5shooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Yamaha Rhino here. In fact NEVERENOUGH and Dieselpowered both have had an up close and personal look at the rear of my rhino as I towed them home!!! LOL Had to do it fellas!!

Used to have a Polaris 700 quad. Maybe some day I will get another one.

Edited by 6.5shooter, 15 November 2011 - 07:54 PM.

Bounce

Bounce

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
can am xt. come up and play in the forest!

Username Goes Here

Username Goes Here

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationAZ, USA
Bounce, Would definately love to do that! I've missed out on the last couple of NF camp/shoots you've held and even gotten word of them through my camping group on Meetup.com! I get to Flag often and wished I could have done the A1-Mountain hike you posted about at AZS. When I saw the Banshee for sale @ AZS I pounced on it!

dieselpowered, Thanks for the tip on the new Can Am, found a 500 at a dealer in Mesa. Would love to check out the 1000cc! My concern is that when they start getting too big, you ride "on them" vs. "ride them", if you know what I mean?

Still the 800R, two-up looks awesome! http://www.canamoffr...0r/details.aspx

I was an ATV guide in Sedona one summer and got in many hrs on the 500cc (Kawa mill) Arctic Cats, they also have 700 to 1000cc's now.

UNGH.

Bounce

Bounce

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

it's not too late to get a good ride through the forest, by the shooting pit, to the top of mount elden, have a beer or eight, fire-bbq.......but the roads will be closing soooon.

Edited by Bounce, 19 November 2011 - 11:22 AM.

NEVERENOUGH

NEVERENOUGH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationCHINO VALLEY AZ
Hey bounce great pictures. Hopefully I will get to make one of these rides in the spring. My winter is filling up with desert and dune trips. Hey Blake you are correct I have seen the back of your rhino but just for the record mine has never been on its side in front of the house either lol.

6.5shooter

6.5shooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Sweet pictures George!

Casey you are correct about mine being on its side. That's what happens when I allow a chick to get behind the wheel! Lol.

yote killer

yote killer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationShelly MN
Yup got a ac 700xtx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

ShootersRealm.com honors and supports the members of our United States Armed Forces. Thank you for everything you do, have done, or will do!