Cabela's Door Buster - Optics and Sights - ShootersRealm.com: Shooting and Firearm Forums

Cabela's Door Buster

- - - - -

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

CBR_Rob

CBR_Rob

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • LocationAvondale, AZ
Cabela's has this reflex sight for sale as a door buster on Sat. They are showing it costing $99.99 and are blowing it out for $29.99. I know it won't be anywhere near an eotech but I can't afford an eotech right now and I am not sure if I want to go with a reflex sight. All 2 reviews I found online said it is a good sight. Any opinions?

http://www.cabelas.c...h-All Products

Posted Image

TCB Firearms

TCB Firearms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1388 posts
  • LocationSan Tan Valley, AZ
"Center Point"---had 2 units (non reflex), not worth half the "sale" price IMHO

wishbone

wishbone

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • LocationSonoran Desert
This is about as cheap as I'd go for a red dot I think:
http://www.amazon.co...eywords=red dot

Most of the cheap ones are just plain garbage and I've been through a few. I haven't tested that particular one though, so as always YMMV.

TCB Firearms

TCB Firearms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1388 posts
  • LocationSan Tan Valley, AZ
https://www.primarya...p/md-07-utg.htm

No surprise it is out of stock...but i love mine

Azbearhuntr

Azbearhuntr

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationGilbert
I broke a cheaper red dot just installing it! I sent it back and saved up for an EOTech. While attending a Defensive Carbine class with Independence Training a guy had a cheaper red dot that wouldn't hold zero and ended up being tossed before lunch if I remember correctly. In my humble opinion it's ok to try and save money to a point but you can only go so far. I'd rather have quality irons only vs. a cheap optic any day. With that being said I haven't used the specific brand so I could be off base.

CBR_Rob

CBR_Rob

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • LocationAvondale, AZ
I found a few airsoft review on it so it got crossed right of my list. Not sure if I want to go with that style optic and would like to run a cheap one before dropping $500 on a good one.

Azbearhuntr

Azbearhuntr

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationGilbert
Do you know anyone with that type of sight that would let you do a few drills using it? What are your reservations on this type of sight?

CBR_Rob

CBR_Rob

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • LocationAvondale, AZ
I don't know anyone who has one and I've never used one. I don't have reservations with the sights themselves just with spending a good chunk of change on something I've never tried.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

ShootersRealm.com honors and supports the members of our United States Armed Forces. Thank you for everything you do, have done, or will do!