Change I can believe in, because I BUILT IT! - TCB Firearms - ShootersRealm.com: Shooting and Firearm Forums

Change I can believe in, because I BUILT IT!

• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

TCB Firearms

TCB Firearms

Advanced Member

• ShootersRealm.com Vendor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1388 posts
  • LocationSan Tan Valley, AZ
In 2013 TCB is going over yet some more changes...ALL of them good.

In early 2008 I was working a job I hated, so I started a small company in the front room of my house...TCB Firearms was born.
Our goal and focus was simple, yet absent in many parts of the industry, excellent service at reasonable rates. We were mildly successful financially but really, you get out of it what you put into it. In the beginning this was at most a way to work a little in the industries and around the people I respect. I had fun but wanted (needed) it to become real, and just needed a push to the next step.
The world being what it is, in 2010 I got rid of the job I hated (or it got rid of me?) and with the full support of my amazing wife and children plunged full speed ahead with our holster division. Same principles applied, excellent service (and products) at a reasonable price. Since we now controlled every aspect beyond raw goods, I knew we were on the right track for I had spent most of my adult life building quality and efficiency for other companies. This was not new territory other than it was mine alone to fail or succeed with. The past 2 years have been humbling and rewarding in ways I cannot describe. TCB is an international company now, on the radar all across the US and growing again. We have been able to provide products and service to the FBI, US Marshals, CBP, DHS, US Army, Marines, Navy and many many other law enforcement individuals along with trainers, competition shooters and citizens who are looking for quality gear. If I could write a book containing the names of those that helped along the way, and helped spread the word it would not be enough. I truly mean it when I say thank you, I am honored that you choose TCB among all the choices out there. We have re-invested back into the company in an effort to continuously improve not only our products, but our services. In 2012 alone we invested in additional presses, tooling, forms and increased stocking levels to achieve nearly 300% of the capability we started with. While not maxed out yet, we are again already planning for more growth. Our shop was shut down and redesigned over the New Year (2013) to allow for greater expansion and increased efficiency.
In 2013 TCB is proud, and again humbled, to announce our newest endeavor... a TCB training division (yet un-named). While this had been part of our "long term" goals since the beginning, my personal path as a father, husband and protector took a dramatic turn in 2011/2012; coupled with national events we feel an obligation to move up the time table... dramatically. Again we are starting small with a collaboration of trainers and companies we trust and believe in, sponsoring classes or individuals so that they can advance their personal mindset and skill-set while maintaining our simple yet proven goals from the beginning....excellent service at a reasonable rate. Actual training by TCB is a ways off, other than some specific events that are currently in the works for our local community. While yes I "sell" products, my end goal has always been to promote the lifestyle. I believe in people, and most of all them taking an active role in defense of themselves and their community, and this is another tool for us to promote that.
Thank you again for all of the support many have given us, my family is truly blessed and thankful for your continued patronage. As stated this is a "new" endeavor for us and it must not only work better than what is already out there, but not interfere with our current products and services. So keep watching as we grow, and continue to train with:
Independence Training- A company we look to for inspiration and guidance. Truly adhereing to principles we believe in.
and
Muzzle Blast Inc.- A company who has helped me grow both personally and professionally. I use not only their training, but targets and stands also.

Have fun, stay safe!
Jason Slisz
TCB Firearms, Owner

dauph

dauph

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationNorth Valley
That is awesome and look forward to your new services. Good luck to you and your family.

Flash

Flash

ShootersRealm.com Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 4300 posts
  • LocationGilbert, Arizona
It's a lot of fun starting and growing a business. I tried it 3 times before I got one to take and make me a very good living. The other two made money, but not as much as I wanted as I had an eye on retirement and I wanted it to be a good and secure retirement.

The one I'm semi-retired from I started a little over 20 years ago and it's been a wild ride. I made a lot of money, made a lot of good friends, got to take Mrs. Flash all over the CONUS as she was getting 5 weeks a year of vacation and the fact that I'm semi-retired instead of retired says how much I like what I do and who I do it for.

I wish the very same for you.

Berd

Berd

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationMesa
Good for you Jay.

Good to see hard work paying off.

Edited by Berd, 08 January 2013 - 01:34 PM.

wishbone

wishbone

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • LocationSonoran Desert
Very happy for you man. Watching my parents succeed at it and my own various attempts falter I know what it takes and what you have to give up to make it work. Congratulations and may you continue to have additional success in the future!

Flash

Flash

• Moderators
  • 4300 posts
Oh, and I've just got to add this Jason. Take it in the spirit in which it's offered.

You didn't build that. Somebody else did. :shout:

~Barrack Obama~

RJ of AZ

RJ of AZ

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
Congrats on the success, nothing like gambling on your own substance and being successful , hard work and determination always win out.

Now lets revisit this " I built it" :p :D

TCB Firearms

TCB Firearms

Advanced Member

• ShootersRealm.com Vendor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1388 posts
  • LocationSan Tan Valley, AZ
Thanks all...and while i did "build it" you all "bought it" so I guess I can pass out some of the credit
Symbiotic relationships and all that :drinks:

Flash

Flash

• Moderators
  • 4300 posts

Thanks all...and while i did "build it" you all "bought it" so I guess I can pass out some of the credit
Symbiotic relationships and all that :drinks:

So are you the Remora or the Shark? :drinks:

unforgiven5150

unforgiven5150

• Moderators
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
Right on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

ShootersRealm.com honors and supports the members of our United States Armed Forces. Thank you for everything you do, have done, or will do!