The "Total Carry System" - TCB Firearms - ShootersRealm.com: Shooting and Firearm Forums

The "Total Carry System"

• You cannot reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic

TCB Firearms

TCB Firearms

Advanced Member

• ShootersRealm.com Vendor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1388 posts
  • LocationSan Tan Valley, AZ
I am mostly preaching to the choir, but on Saturday (AZ Survivalist Show) I had many conversations (and saw even more) that makes this relevant.
This is part of our business ideal and our training programs. Bear with me as this is usually a discussion or open forum and i will be typing a one sided discussion.....
The Total Carry System-
Most people that carry a gun for "defense" worry about the "gun" and not all of the other essential items. I am not talking accessories, but essentials. If you want accessories go to Macy's.
-Quality gun. I do not care about brands, models or much else. If you are going to use this for defense, i highly recommend a caliber equal to or greater than 9mm. The most important factor in firearms selection is one that you can efficiently manipulate and put effective hits on target with.
-Quality Ammo. The gun is almost worthless with out ammo. Do not cheap out on defensive ammo. Again i do not advocate a certain brand, bullet style, caliber or grain. What is important is that it runs in your gun (test this BEFORE you carry it) and helps you put those positive hits on target. The one style recommendation i do make, is that any thing you carry be a factory ammo labeled "for personal defense" or similar.
-Quality Holster. I admit i am a little biased on this, but brand/style are again not my goal. The important thing is that the holster is designed for that weapon. You would not wear "Crocs" to run a marathon, don't buy a "one size fits all" holster. Snaps, buttons, and levers unless required by your SOP's or job contract serve little to no purpose in civilian carry, they are often added to increase the "one size fits all" scenario.
-Quality Belt. If you are going to carry a gun, buy a GUN BELT. On this i do make brand recommendations....IF you prefer nylon webbed belts look at Wilderness Tactical (http://www.thewilderness.com/), if you prefer leather look to Galco. (http://www.usgalco.c...p?CatalogID=253) Are there other great belts out there? Sure but these are Arizona based companies that meet or exceed every other product out there.
-Quality Mindset. This is last on the list, but top of the required essentials when carrying a gun. There is one way to truly develop this particular skill set...TRAINING. Much of the training and research can be done on your own, but i cannot enough plead with you to seek out quality professional training. Again, since we are based in Arizona there is no need to leave the state to get this.
http://azmbi.com/
http://www.independencetraining.com/
http://www.gunsite.com/main/ and many, many more.

Carrying a gun is a "lifestyle" choice, and one that should be taken with the utmost preparation. We all practice, train and carry to "Stop the Threat," but how do we do that? We put gaping holes in vital organs and either remove the fight from the threat or the threat from the fight. This is as real deal as it gets, there are no second chances and a serious liability to even carrying let alone God forbid you have to employ your weapon. We at TCB live and believe the "Sheepdog" (http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm) lifestyle, and i think it is the best analogy of "why I carry a gun." Please think about this and make adjustments as needed.
Have Fun, Stay Safe...
Jason

Flash

Flash

ShootersRealm.com Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 4300 posts
  • LocationGilbert, Arizona
So Jason, is this sort of a backhanded way of announcing you're in the defensive handgun training business or about to be?

Or perhaps something else?

TCB Firearms

TCB Firearms

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1388 posts
Not really. We do "offer" weapons training but only as sponsors, partnership or as adjunct instructors. I do however try to educate as much as possible, and some of the stuff i see makes me cringe...(we all have seen it)
-"If i don't have time to rack the slide than..."
-"I don't need training my dad was a cop..."
-" I would carry more, but my pants slide down when i do"
-"Cool new super squirrel $800+ gun huh? Check my holster it was only $5!"
As i started progressing on my personal journey of living with a purpose, i wanted to start choking people....Rizzo advised against it, thought it would be bad for business. He did remind me that people will listen to stories, and even retain the narrative. About a year ago I came up with the basic concept and refined it...part sales pitch, part lecture and in my mind all truth. A way to confront peoples beliefs (and errors in them) without personalizing it. My goal in the industry has always been motivated to get more people owning weapons and doing it responsibly. Because i do not believe in increased (or even the current amount) of legislation my option was to "nut up or shut up."

That is the long answer.....
In short...no we are not running weapons manipulation courses and leave that to people we trust....but yes we do try and teach responsible "lifestyle" and "mindset" and are working on a more formalized structure of it to take to the masses :D

Flash

Flash

ShootersRealm.com Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 4300 posts
  • LocationGilbert, Arizona
Sounds good.

azpilgrims

azpilgrims

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationArizona
Jason, you met a good friend of mine Blair at the show last weekend, he is ordering a holster from you for his LC9 - your conversation with him prompted him to get a good holster.

dieselpowered

dieselpowered

ShootersRealm.com Founder

• Administrators
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
Great post Jason!

I use a Wilderness belt and have had zero issues with it. Over the last two years I have wore it close to everyday...very quality belt!

TCB Firearms

TCB Firearms

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1388 posts

Jason, you met a good friend of mine Blair at the show last weekend, he is ordering a holster from you for his LC9 - your conversation with him prompted him to get a good holster.

Him, his son, and another guy were there. The were great an soaking up information form everything there. It was great to meet them and he bought 2 :)

azpilgrims

azpilgrims

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationArizona

Him, his son, and another guy were there. The were great an soaking up information form everything there. It was great to meet them and he bought 2 :)

Blair & his Son Jake are good folks, their family and ours are best friends - glad you got two holster orders!

guardyan_angyl

guardyan_angyl

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationOracle
My wife and I both own one of Jason's holsters. Hers is for the Shield and mine for the full size M&P 9 with TLR1s light. I wasn't really sold on carrying the full size everday until I tried one of these holsters. It makes it very comfortable to carry and I absolutely love it. The wife took one of Rizzo's classes and broke hers in during it. She is very happy. We had the opportunity to spend some time with Jason and shoot the bull. He has some great ideas and look forward to doing business with him in the future. On a side note Jason the wife said she was sorry she didn't get to chat with you at the show last weekend but you were swamped. So she says Hi!

TCB Firearms

TCB Firearms

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1388 posts
Saw here there, but when the smoke cleared she was gone...

To be clear...her TCB Holster didn't beak did it? If so let me know ASAP! That should not happen and would be repaired/replaced on the spot no charge

guardyan_angyl

guardyan_angyl

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationOracle
No it didn't break! Held up perfectly. She is now a proud everyday carrier after taking the class to become more comfortable and loves the holster.

TCB Firearms

TCB Firearms

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1388 posts
ahhh. just re-read it "broke hers in"...scared me there :pardon:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

ShootersRealm.com honors and supports the members of our United States Armed Forces. Thank you for everything you do, have done, or will do!