~An Inquisitive Little Girl~ - New Member Introductions - ShootersRealm.com: Shooting and Firearm Forums

~An Inquisitive Little Girl~

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

Inola

Inola

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey everyone,

Yes! I'm excited. Even though I've never seen a firearm. The closest I've been to them is in the stories that my uncle and father recite to me (they're in army and paramilitary respectively). I would like to get educated on 'glock' to be precise. I'm not sure where to start so, lemme put forth a random question. That'd be great if you could lemme know, which is the best glock in the world?

Regards :)

Edited by Inola, 11 October 2013 - 05:25 AM.

unforgiven5150

unforgiven5150

ShootersRealm.com Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
Welcome aboard!

There is a wealth of information on this site and I think I'm in the minority that doesn't own a Glock. I would guess a number of people would be able to answer most, if not all, questions you have about Glocks.

Flash

Flash

• Moderators
  • 4300 posts
  • LocationGilbert, Arizona
Howdy.

There is no "best" Glock, there's only the Glock that you like the best. I've got a G17 and my wife carries a G26 daily and that pretty well sums it up.

WKshooter

WKshooter

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationArizona, Oklahoma, Texas
Most of it comes down to personal preference, although the multiple marketing surveys I've seen on Glocktalk and Glock's Facebook page seem to favor the Glock 19 as the choice of many USA respondents. I myself went down the road of the 21 (carried in LEO) to the 17 and then settled to the 19 for personal carry. If the consideration is for what might be the most favorite Glock in the world, it may be the G17 due to its widespread military/LE use and availability of ammunition.

Flash

Flash

• Moderators
  • 4300 posts
  • LocationGilbert, Arizona
Interestingly enough, I've never carried a Glock, I just use it as a range gun.

I've carried Kahr, Beretta, S&W and multiple Sigs but never a Glock. I guess I probably never will. OTOH, I shoot around 5,000 rounds a year through my G17.

dauph

dauph

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationNorth Valley
The best model Glock is the M&P ;)

Like Flash said the "best" Glock or any gun for that matter is the one that fits you best. Go to the range and test them then make a decision. I still own one Glock but have owned several before getting on the M&P train. The g19 is definately a nice pistol, one I would like to have again.

Inola

Inola

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ow! Thank you so much for all the info guys. I'll start researching on my own too. Oh and just so that you know, I'm an author (not a published one yet) and I was interested in the whole glock thing for I wanted to equip one of my characters with it. ;)

SHTF_Sheriff

SHTF_Sheriff

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Phoenix
Once you've met one Glock, you've pretty much met them all.

Seriously though, aside from different sizes, they vary very little.

tdneuf

tdneuf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
So now you can write about the process of equiping your character in your story...
It is the best answer of them all. What's best is what fits in your hands comfortably.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

ShootersRealm.com honors and supports the members of our United States Armed Forces. Thank you for everything you do, have done, or will do!