Howdy - New Member Introductions - ShootersRealm.com: Shooting and Firearm Forums

Howdy

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

wyomingblizzard

wyomingblizzard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Just a shooter from wyoming with a special message to Rizzo. This is your uncle from wyoming, your dad talked me in to joining!

Flash

Flash

ShootersRealm.com Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 4300 posts
  • LocationGilbert, Arizona
I was born in Wyoming and my parents took me out a few months later, never to return except for trips to Yellowstone and an Uncle's cabin outside of Big Piney.

Welcome.

TCB Firearms

TCB Firearms

Advanced Member

• ShootersRealm.com Vendor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1388 posts
  • LocationSan Tan Valley, AZ
Welcome

Bosshaug

Bosshaug

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationShow Low and San Tan Valley
Rizzo is probably hanging out over on ar15.com. But welcome to you! Have fun, lots of good people here.

TCB Firearms

TCB Firearms

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1388 posts
  • LocationSan Tan Valley, AZ
Rizzo is training "offline" for the weekend......I was REALLY wanting to be in the class with him. Give him a few days

rizzo

rizzo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts
Hey Uncle Storm - glad to have you here! It's not as big of a forum as other forums out there, but there's a lot less bullshit here.

I need to come back up to WY so that you can school me in some long range coyote whacking.

wyomingblizzard

wyomingblizzard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey Glen. I have been getting a few dogs at longer range. Longest to date is 704 yards. I missed one last week at 816, but I was dealing with a 20+ mph full value wind.

rizzo

rizzo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts
We don't even see coyotes at that range! What's your average hit rate these days, in other words, how many kills out of how many shots once you get beyond 500 yards?

wyomingblizzard

wyomingblizzard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
As long as the wind is with in reason my hit rate is very high. I struggle a little bit with the high winds we have so often around here. The miss last week I didnt have time to get a good wind speed reading. I held 8 moa for a 20 mph, but the corect wind speed was 27mph or 12moa. In that much wind it takes a lot of luck at long range. I would never shoot at a game animal under those conditions. Yotes, rocks or steel is worth a try any way. One of the hardest part of getting dogs at long range is be able to spot one out that far,then waiting for the shot. I have more fun doing the spot and shoot methed. If I dont find them that way then I will set up and call. My goal this winter is to get one at 1000 yards. Most of the time shots are 300 to 600 yards. In that range my hit rate is probably 80%.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

ShootersRealm.com honors and supports the members of our United States Armed Forces. Thank you for everything you do, have done, or will do!