5 replies to this topic

Bombguy

Bombguy

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationNowhere, USA
I have a very nice bow that my wife bought me almost 2 years ago now and I have never sent one arrow through it. The biggest reason for this is that I have no clue what I am doing with it. The only bows I have ever shot were recurves back in middle school. Does anyone out there want to help a newbie out. My schedule is pretty open and I have a couple places where we could meet up. Thanks in advance guys(and gals if there are any).

rizzo

rizzo

Advanced Member

• ShootersRealm.com Vendor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts
Well you know . . . . I run a compound bow and a long bow, and I teach archery to youth, so . . . .

Haha, you are probably sick of listening to me, though!

Bombguy

Bombguy

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationNowhere, USA
Alright, alright.

dieselpowered

dieselpowered

ShootersRealm.com Founder

• Administrators
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
I have shot bows, but it has been years, not sure I could give you the tech expertise that rizzo could.

May not be a bad idea to have it serviced first to make sure the limbs, cams, and cable is alright...I know I need to get mine it.

WKshooter

WKshooter

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationArizona, Oklahoma, Texas
John;

Definitely take in for servicing, as DP mentioned they will check and tune it. Also they will give you good recommendations on arrow selection (length, spine weight and check straightness on existing arrows). I know you are way up North, but Ben Avery has a great archery range with traditional targets, hunting trails and 3D. If you ever venture down here, I would be happy to go out there with you. I'm not an expert by any means, but I do like throwing some wood downrange on occasion...

Antman

Antman

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationHeber/Overgaard, AZ
Now your gonna get hooked on a new way to hunt.:) What the heck. It's lots of fun!

Edited by Antman, 08 January 2012 - 12:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

ShootersRealm.com honors and supports the members of our United States Armed Forces. Thank you for everything you do, have done, or will do!