5.11 Tactical RUSH 24 - Camping and Outdoors - ShootersRealm.com: Shooting and Firearm Forums

5.11 Tactical RUSH 24

- - - - - 5.11 tactical rush rush 24 bug out bag

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

dieselpowered

dieselpowered

ShootersRealm.com Founder

• Administrators
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
In the process of looking for information on backbacks and bug out bags, I felt it necessary to bug our fellow member rizzo (Glen).

First I would like to thank him for the time he spent talking to me and educating me on things to look for. He definitely did not need to spend the amount of time on the phone with me, yet he did so and never sounded aggravated or in a rush. So thank you rizzo (Glen)!

He had mentioned a pack that while he had no experience using, had heard good things about it. After shopping around, I decided to go with that pack as the online reviews were positive as well.

Here are some specs on the pack, 5.11 Tactical RUSH 24 in multicam:

Fabric Type:
  • 1050D nylon with water-repellent PUx2 coating on main body.
  • 420D 118T water-repellent PUx2 coating on inside pocket flaps and pocket bags.
Features & Benefits:
  • Adjustable, dual density closed-cell foam shoulder straps with Duraflex™ hardware.
  • Closed-cell foam back padded hydration pocket with two back-to-back zippered pull tabs.
  • Nametape and flag holders.
  • Generous web-platform on three sides with additional attachment points.
  • Top grab handle.
  • Features a large main compartment.
  • Three mesh interior organizing pockets.
  • One fabric pocket with zippered pull-cords.
  • One interior stuff-pocket with draw cord.
  • Two large metal grommet drainage holes on bottom of pack.
  • Two exterior, side, flat, zippered pockets.
  • Top exterior book-end pockets with non-scratching fleece-lined organization.
  • Two compression straps.
  • Top, quick-access non-scratching fleece-lined sunglass pocket.
  • Exterior admin organizational pocket.
Design:
  • Full-size day pack with 20"H x 12.5"L x 8"D (2,000 cu in) main compartment and numerous smaller individual pockets and pouches, several with zipper closures.
Stitching & Finishing:
  • Single and doubled-back edge stitching.
  • Single needle stitching throughout.
  • Doubled-back single needle top stitching; bar tacks at stress points.
Labels:
  • Content/COO/Care loop label, Hangtag, Barcode Sticker.
Closures:
  • YKK® self-repairing nylon coil #8 and #10 zippers.
  • 1" Velcro® hook and loop closures.
http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Bags-Backpacks/Backpacks/MultiCam-RUSH-24-Backpack.html?

Looking forward to pestering rizzo (Glen) on what to put in it ;)

Attached Files

Bombguy

Bombguy

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationNowhere, USA
Buy it. My EOD company bought these before we deployed and every tech used them. I would say that over 80% of them saw extreme use and survived. That use includes being loaded with about 40lbs of bang and hauled through the mountains of Afghanistan. Very few "regular" guys that I know will ever put that kind of abuse on a backpack. The only problems that I saw with them was that if you overloaded them the shoulder strap seams would start to seperate. I srill have mine and it is good shape, I hauled mine everywhere while deployed and it has seen more than few miles in my truck, on my back, and airplane rides.

CBR_Rob

CBR_Rob

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • LocationAvondale, AZ
Sounds and looks like a good pack, let us know how it works once you get to use it a bit.

dieselpowered

dieselpowered

• Administrators
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
Thanks guys, should be here the 12th and I am looking forward to putting it to good use!

Hate to hear that the seams started to separate, however, I do not think I will have it loaded over 40lbs.

We will wait and see how it does, I have high hopes though :yahoo:

dieselpowered

dieselpowered

• Administrators
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
Received the bag today...while I found that it felt extremely well made, one small issue. I ordered the wrong bag for what I was intending to do. I should have ordered the RUSH 72 and figured that out when I went to put my three liter hydration bladder into it and it would not fit. Seems the RUSH 24 holds up to a two liter bladder.

On a side note, the folks at 5.11 as well as US Patriot were amazing to work with!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

ShootersRealm.com honors and supports the members of our United States Armed Forces. Thank you for everything you do, have done, or will do!