How Do You Pack Your Backpack? - Camping and Outdoors - ShootersRealm.com: Shooting and Firearm Forums

How Do You Pack Your Backpack?

- - - - - backpack bob bug out bag out bag

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

dieselpowered

dieselpowered

ShootersRealm.com Founder

• Administrators
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
Interested to know how everyone packs their backpacks. Not necessarily in regards to distributing weight, but rather if you separate items into tiers or if you pack items into individual packs, ect.

azrckcrwl

azrckcrwl

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSan Tan Valley
From the bottom up.

guardyan_angyl

guardyan_angyl

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationOracle

From the bottom up.

Ban him I say (I can say that about him) :p

John Kuhns

John Kuhns

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
+2 for bottom up. Stuff I'm not likely to need right away goes on the bottom. Depending on the number of pouches available, further segregation from there such as a separate pouch or pocket for first aide stuff, food in another.

Kevinjs1

Kevinjs1

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1123 posts
  • LocationPeoria
Heaviest on the bottom, water etc.

That's all I got.

guardyan_angyl

guardyan_angyl

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationOracle
While I will never admit that azrckcrwl may be on to something I generally might perform the same function. In my hunting pack I usually have a bladder so the water is in it. I generally carry a couple of IV setups in the bottom with some other important first aid stuff that is in ziplock bags. Usually an MRE or two depending on how long we are going to be out and whether or not I feel like my brother in law is actually prepared. I always keep some TP and good old baby wipes for those required times. I have a hundred foot of paracord wrapped up in a seperate compartment. My pack knife and some game bags also. I am a firm believer in good old Zip Lock Bags. Everything goes in them and I always have some spares for garbage and dirty utensils. As far as my Bug Out Bag I had a decent one but it has gone by the wayside recently. I am in the process of revamping it. Same thing as far as the IV and medical supplies, some water, and various magazines/ammunition are a must. This bag has to get me home from one of my normal trips to Phoenix or the short trip from work in Tucson. Still a work in progress.

Bombguy

Bombguy

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationNowhere, USA
Generally from the bottom up. Least used items on the bottom and then up. If the pack has internal bladder storage that goes in first, if not I try to find a way to attach bladder to outside for easier access. I also use a lot of Kifaru Pullouts. They come in various sizes and are great for segregating gear within your pack. I have a bit of OCD so my pack is usually very organized and segregated. This serves two purposes. One, everything fits neatly and two I know what pouch to grab when I need something.

dieselpowered

dieselpowered

ShootersRealm.com Founder

• Administrators
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
HAHA ohhhh from the bottom ;)

I am thinking outside pockets will be for items that would generally be used more often (maps, communications, gps, ect.) or that could potentially be needed quickly (first aid)

In the main area, probably shelter and sleeping gear in bottom of bag, then clothes, ect.

As John (Bombguy) mentioned, I am OCD as well, therefore, trying to find the best way to organize things :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

ShootersRealm.com honors and supports the members of our United States Armed Forces. Thank you for everything you do, have done, or will do!