Bug Out Bags, Lets See Them - Camping and Outdoors - ShootersRealm.com: Shooting and Firearm Forums

Bug Out Bags, Lets See Them

- - - - - bug out bag bob out bag backpacks

• You cannot reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic

dieselpowered

dieselpowered

ShootersRealm.com Founder

• Administrators
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
Alright everyone, lets see some pictures of your bug out bags, in addition to the pictures, let everyone know what you have included in your bag :)

John Kuhns

John Kuhns

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Let me actually finish getting them put back together. :(

dieselpowered

dieselpowered

ShootersRealm.com Founder

• Administrators
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
LOL I need to get one together ;)

Bombguy

Bombguy

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationNowhere, USA
I do not have any pics of mine, but I will share the contents. My actual BOB is an Outdoor waterproof backpack. It is the bag (for use when not a lot of walking expected) that sits on the shelf next to the grab and go supplies for the truck. The contents of this bag are: Change of clothes, one MRE, Mtn Home meal, notebook, compass, folding knife, small tarp shelter, chem-lights, headlamp, toilet paper, gore-tex jacket. There is left over room to hold my meds and some supplies for my infant son. The GHB (get home bag) in my truck consists of one MRE, 3-16 oz water bottles, fixed blade knife, survival kit, box of handgun ammo, shemagh (second greatest piece of gear in the world), headlamp, powerbar type snacks, notepad and pen. I think I am missing a few things but the general idea is there. My wife has identical kits, one on the shelf and one in her car. Now if I have to leave home on foot I have a MOLLE II rucksack that is very near the "shelf" and can be loaded very quickly with everything I need to live for several weeks.

TheSaint

TheSaint

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationPrescott Valley
I'm from earthquake country, I never go anywhere without a 3-day pack, I have one in each car. It's packed in a generic freeby backpack, so it doesn't look attractive to thieves. I can't remember everything in it off hand, but here are some highlights:

A gallon of water in single-serve UHT containers
Three days of Mainstay ration bars for three adults
Space blankets
Tarp
Paracord
Wind-Up Flashlight
Work gloves
Waterproof matches
My wife's kit has a multi-tool, I have a tool bag that never leaves my car

I've debated including a cheap handgun, like a Hipoint or a cheap revolver, something I wouldn't cry over if it was stolen.

John Kuhns

John Kuhns

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Even a HiPoint can be better than nothing unless you ask the brain trust somewhere else.

Kevinjs1

Kevinjs1

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1123 posts
  • LocationPeoria

Even a HiPoint can be better than nothing unless you ask the brain trust somewhere else.

Agreed. The bullets that come out of HiPoint are the same that come out of a Glock.

TheSaint

TheSaint

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
Yeah, I know that a HiPoint goes bang just as well as everything else. That's not the issue. The issue is that I'm placing a firearm in a very vulnerable position (cars are broken into/stolen on a regular basis, far more than houses and safes). And if it gets stolen that is another "illegal gun on the street". That bugs me, probably more than it should. I'd rather just CC everywhere I go, that way the weapon is always in my possession. Now the problem is that my wife doesn't want to CC, not out of any moral objection, just because she thinks it's a hassle. So it would be nice to have something in the kits in case she has an emergency when I'm not around. And, on the gripping hand, it's not like I have money flying out of my kiester, so spending $300 on two crappy guns I never use rubs me the wrong way as well. I don't know, I keep running around the bush on it.

Kevinjs1

Kevinjs1

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1123 posts
  • LocationPeoria

Yeah, I know that a HiPoint goes bang just as well as everything else. That's not the issue. The issue is that I'm placing a firearm in a very vulnerable position (cars are broken into/stolen on a regular basis, far more than houses and safes). And if it gets stolen that is another "illegal gun on the street". That bugs me, probably more than it should. I'd rather just CC everywhere I go, that way the weapon is always in my possession. Now the problem is that my wife doesn't want to CC, not out of any moral objection, just because she thinks it's a hassle. So it would be nice to have something in the kits in case she has an emergency when I'm not around. And, on the gripping hand, it's not like I have money flying out of my kiester, so spending $300 on two crappy guns I never use rubs me the wrong way as well. I don't know, I keep running around the bush on it.

Taser or stun gun?

TheSaint

TheSaint

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Taser or stun gun?

Possibly. Although they aren't really threat-stoppers. More threat-delayers. And battery shelf life becomes an issue, I like the fact that my kits are currently maintenance-free for the shelf life of the water and rations, about five years.

Watchdog

Watchdog

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
My GHB consists of a Tyr Tactical pack, in it is a fixed blade, some basic 1st aid stuff, a 32oz nalgene bottle with stuff packed in it, stuff for fire, chem lights, MRE, a MH meal, leather gloves, extra socks, 2 large trashbags, emergency blanket, compass, map, powerbars, (6)7.5ounce water packets, ammo, TP, shemgah, and extra mags, there are probably some other things I am neglecting. Next to that in the trunk I have another bag with a full change of clothes including broken in running shoes so I can take of dress clothes and go. I travel for work daily and at times am up to 60 highway miles from my home most often only 40 or so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

ShootersRealm.com honors and supports the members of our United States Armed Forces. Thank you for everything you do, have done, or will do!