Concealed Carry Holster - Firearm Related Gear - ShootersRealm.com: Shooting and Firearm Forums

Concealed Carry Holster

- - - - - ccw concealed carry holster

• You cannot reply to this topic
25 replies to this topic

dieselpowered

dieselpowered

ShootersRealm.com Founder

• Administrators
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
Going through some different options and thought I would look to others for recommendations on holsters for carrying concealed. Anyone have an opinions or experience with different holsters that could provide some insight into what works and what does not?

IDMooseMan

IDMooseMan

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationNampa ID
WOW! Deja vu, huh? I like my shoulder rig. I want an IWB, too.

Kevinjs1

Kevinjs1

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1123 posts
  • LocationPeoria
I just got the Crossbreed Mini Tuck for my CM9. So far it is great. I will let you know how it works over the next week or so.

azpilgrims

azpilgrims

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationArizona
I have had several but like my Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC the best, it is worth every penny and is very comfortable.

unforgiven5150

unforgiven5150

ShootersRealm.com Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
I had a Bulman Gunleather PDL for a Kimber Pro Carry I had at one time. I loved that holster. Expensive and a bit of a wait, but worth it. I have also used a Don Hume PCCH for a 4" XD and a full sized 1911. Currently I use a Biachi Askins Avenger style which is a belt holster, but it rides high enough and at an angle that most t-shirts will cover it at the kidney carry position.

dieselpowered

dieselpowered

• Administrators
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
Thanks everyone, I will take a look at each of those. Suppose I also need to look into what I am going to carry ;)

azpilgrims

azpilgrims

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationArizona
After owning several different carry firearms over the years, I am presently very happy with my M&P 9mm Compact and my little S&W Bodyguard .380 for days when I am wearing dress slacks or shorts.

dieselpowered

dieselpowered

• Administrators
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
Thanks Dan, I have to admit, I am really leaning towards the Kahr CM9.

I have looked at the S&W Bodyguards though and they look nice as well.

We will see what happens :)

rizzo

rizzo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts
I have carried many different handguns in many different holsters, and the holster that I love the most right now is my Galco Triton. It's easy to get on and off, it's great for single-hand re-holster and single-hand malfs/reloads, plus it's comfortable, secure, and not very expensive at all. And for a small guy like myself, it makes it super easy to conceal a full-size handgun all day.

The CM9 is a great little handgun - had a chance during a recent course to run several magazines through a student's CM9, and based on that and how it ran with the student all day I wouldn't hesitate picking one up. Several years ago I owned a PM9, and I really liked it as well - basically the same as the CM9 with tiny differences that Kahr seems to think are worth a couple hundred bucks. The only downside to the CM9 is the size - I prefer a full-size anytime I can carry one, which is most of the time. When I can't carry a full-size, I carry a Kel-Tec PF9.

MOUNTAIN WILLIAM

MOUNTAIN WILLIAM

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Locationup in the woods now
It would depend more on how you're going to carry, rather than what you're going to carry.
I'm lucky (if being overweight is lucky), being 6' 3" and 350 lbs, I can conceal pretty much any piece of hardware imaginable. When it comes to IWB holsters the absolute best one I've ever owned is the Sparks Versa Max II in Sharkskin. That thing may as well be welded to your hide because it does not shift, wiggle, slide nor tilt at any time. Your sidearm is always in the same exact place it was when you holstered it and believe me, I have the extra padding to push lesser holsters all over the place. Unfortunately they don't make a holster for my 16 shot 10mm Witness Stock Elite. So I had Alessi make me a couple OWB's with vertical draws rather than an FBI tilt.
Pictured is my daily carry rig, all Sharkskin except for the Alessi holster.

Posted Image

Kevinjs1

Kevinjs1

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1123 posts
  • LocationPeoria
Just carried my CM9 in the Crossbreed Mini Tuck for 12 hours (5 hours in the car) and didn't know I was carrying it for most of the day.

dieselpowered

dieselpowered

• Administrators
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
Great feedback, not digging the leather but that may be the rig I pickup.

unforgiven5150

unforgiven5150

• Moderators
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
If you aren't digging the leather check out Bladetech. I just got their Inside Waistband IDPA Approved (http://www.blade-tec...VED-pr-820.html) with my SA Champion and I'm really digging it. I had like leather for years but it is nice to be able to reholster in an IWB with one hand.

rizzo

rizzo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts
You might also check out Remora Holsters - I picked one up a few weeks ago and I'm pretty impressed. Not only is it comfortable, but it stays in place 100% as advertised, without any clips or loops. I use it for my Kel-Tec PF9 when I am running or biking and it never budges, even after 15-20 miles of mountain biking. Their customer service is also top-notch.

dieselpowered

dieselpowered

• Administrators
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ
Thanks for the additional input guys. I actually ended up ordering picking up the Crossbreed so we will see how I like it, should be here tomorrow or Tuesday. I will give that a try and if it does not work out for me, happy to have a few more options :)

withergyld

withergyld

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
Here is my daily carry gear. I carry a Glock 33 in a pocket holster. I also gave a Glock 31 mag with +2 extension as my spare mag. I have tried a couple different IWB holsters but none were comfortable. I also do a lot of moving/bending for work and IWB was hard to keep covered. I have found pocket carry very comfortable and I don't have to worry about exposing my weapon when moving around.

Attached Files

MOUNTAIN WILLIAM

MOUNTAIN WILLIAM

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Locationup in the woods now
If you ever decide to try another IWB, give the Sparks Versa Max II a shot. I carried a Para Ordnance P14 in one for several years and that thing never moved, shifted, tilted or altered it's position even a fraction of an inch. It was if it was in a geostationary orbit or something and I certainly have the extra padding to shove it around.
If you order any leather holsters try to get it in horsehide, the skin pores are much denser than cowhide and that makes it almost waterproof. Plus, if money is no object get Sharkskin, that stuff is almost indestructible!

TCB Firearms

TCB Firearms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1388 posts
  • LocationSan Tan Valley, AZ
It REALLY depends on what you carry, AND how. If a small rig i carry in my pocket. Most times I have a sig229 on me and carry in one of my holsters (don't know how to get pictures on here yet ) at about 2:30- 3:00. If I carry my 3"1911 it has a clipdraw. I personally do not like leather, obvious bias :), keep us posted at what you get and wear.

unforgiven5150

unforgiven5150

• Moderators
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

It REALLY depends on what you carry, AND how. If a small rig i carry in my pocket. Most times I have a sig229 on me and carry in one of my holsters (don't know how to get pictures on here yet ) at about 2:30- 3:00. If I carry my 3"1911 it has a clipdraw. I personally do not like leather, obvious bias :), keep us posted at what you get and wear.

Use something like Photobucket. Its free and you can even copy the correct code just to paste the post exactly as is.

Bombguy

Bombguy

Advanced Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationNowhere, USA
I carry a FNX-9 in a Comp-Tac Infidel IWB all day everyday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

ShootersRealm.com honors and supports the members of our United States Armed Forces. Thank you for everything you do, have done, or will do!